Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Getting started with a new old house

I'm not really a blogger but since I am having a blast fixing up my new really old home I thought I'd give it a try.  Mostly as a way to catalog my progress but also as a way to share with friends and loved ones the joy I'm experiencing as Doug and I turn a very abused foreclosed house into a charming new home for us and our darling cats.

In our search for a new home we stumbled upon a little house on an acre of land that just screamed to be loved.  At least I thought I heard it screaming for affection.  This little house was in such bad shape but we could see the hidden beauty beyond.  This house has great bones and we could see the potential

Here are a couple of pictures of the outside

Front Yard
Back yard


It had been empty for at least a year but the previous owner, upon leaving, locked her two large dogs inside and came by every few days to bring them food and water. The neighbors told me she had done this but I don't know how long it lasted before she finally came and took them permanently.  Sooooo,,,,,can you imagine the smell?  Everything that can come out of two dogs was ... oh never mind.  I'm sure you don't need more description.  Needless to say the original hard wood floors were destroyed as was some of the trim around the kitchen door and a window.

Ok, here are some "before" videos of the inside...



 















No comments:

Post a Comment